Sunday, May 31, 2009

22

52:22 by ChristianLeBlanc

The drums and piano line come from the QY-70, while I'm happy to say that everything else you hear (other than vocals) is coming from my new friend:


(Minimoog Voyager Select Series)


Essentially my tax refund, "Roger" (?) arrived on Wednesday. One you thing you can't tell by listening is just how HEAVY this thing is! 42 lbs on its own, and the hard case it came with adds another 22 lbs; it was not a good day for the elevator in my apartment building to break down o_O

The voice used for the bass line, to me, doesn't quite fit with the rest of the music. But you try finding a preset called "Dr. Who Bass" and not forcing it into the first thing you do. Go on. Just try it, I dare ya. Can't be done. Srsly.


This song is for Jill.

"All I want is next to me
Immediate and warm and clean
Save your fire and gasoline
This time I'm killing apathy
All I want is next to me and clean"

5 comments:

  1. Hey Christian,

    I actually think the bass patch works for the most part, but it's a little thin. Maybe you could try layering another bass patch underneath it. Overall, this track felt a bit empty in the mid-range, but I really like the arrangement and melodies you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Josh! Good observations; by thin, you mean the bass kind of disappears under everything else, right? I agree.

    Really interesting comment about the mid-range, as well; I never even thought of looking at things that way. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, its josh!
    i really like the bass patch on this, it is really resonant!
    roger is pretty :)

    zmd

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Christian,

    By thin, I mean because of the resonance, it's peaking out on certain frequencies while leaving out some of the fatter/warmer (I hate to use those words) bass frequencies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lyrics are beautiful and I really think the whole thing sounds good. Even the Dr. Who bass. :)

    ReplyDelete