Sunday, May 17, 2009

20

52:20 by ChristianLeBlanc



Visit Chris's Invincible Super-Blog!
Dug out the ol' Triton LE for this week's tune, and used the QY-70 to control it. The drums, computer voice and the lead line come from the Triton, and the bass line comes from the QY-70.

The main intent this week was just to re-acquaint myself with the QY-70 controlling the Triton. Next week, hopefully I'll have figured out better how to control it channel by channel. As it was, I happened into this song kind of randomly: I was controlling a piano ballad combination sound that just happened to have a drum set as part of the sound, and where the kick and snare would usually have been on the QY, is where the computery-voice was instead.

I told my vocalist I didn't want his whiny, self-pitying lyrics bringing the party down this week (see: "19", for example). He tried something anyway, but no. Not this time ;)

1 comment:

  1. Of all the tracks you posted so far, I think this one is my favorite. It is very tight and linear, and has a really cool synthpop edge. The melodies are nice and economical too. It also has that "familiar" quality that I think every good song needs (although that's not to suggest that this is contrived or unoriginal). It just sounds really fun! Good work!

    ReplyDelete