Saturday, May 9, 2009

19

52:19 by ChristianLeBlanc

So when I post these songs, I usually don't feel much for them at the time, but have them grow on me a lot once the songwriting process is over. This is one of those rare times when I'm actually pretty happy with my efforts - which means I must be on the wrong track! :)

Still did all the music on the QY-70, but I tried something different this time (for me). I tried using instruments in the wrong octave (ie, bass sounds set at the highest octave), and this seemed to open up a whole new range of sounds for me.

I made more of an effort lyrically, as well; once I had my central idea (which came to me while doing some whisky-infused housecleaning today), I hit wikipedia to try and generate some more ideas.


"You still have your old dolls
And papers from your last years at school
Books you never read, and things you’ll never need
Like old clothes that make you feel like a fool

Disposophobic nightmares
Obsessing compulsively
You won’t get rid of anything
So why won’t you hold on to me?"

In other news: I don't know why I do so suddenly, but man do I ever want one of these: Minimoog Voyager

1 comment:

  1. I really like this one a lot. Even though it's only short, the song seems "complete". There's nothing missing, nothing I'd suggest changing.
    It has a really "smooth" quality to it. As I've said before, I know nothing about production but everything sounds like it's on the right level to me: nothing stands out as too loud or too in the background.

    Nothing else to add except that if whiskey helps you do housecleaning then drink up! ;)

    ReplyDelete