Saturday, October 3, 2009

40

52:40 by ChristianLeBlanc



Dear heavy metal,

Sorry for writing a song that I know you'll think is making fun of you. It's not. I had the best intentions - write a nice, ballsy metal song. The guitar fell into place easy enough, I thought.

The problem came when I used a preset pattern on the QY-70 as a placer for my rhythm track. All of a sudden, the song became industrial. I'd also been thinking about Trailer Park Boys a lot, especially Ricky always saying he wants to get drunk as fuck. That made me want to call the song "Metal As Fuck."

Things just kind of deteriorated from there.

Sincerely,

-Christian

P.S. Recording notes: I used a bunch of reverb on the guitar to try and thicken it up. Next time I try something like this, I think I'll try something I read about using delay, instead.

I normally would never use a pre-set pattern in any of my songs, but I just got used to how this one sounded. No big deal.

Also worth noting: the ColdPlay slag is fairly obvious, the U2 and Bono ones I maybe have to point out. "Morning comes too soon and from behind" is one of the weirdest double entendres I've ever written. "Fill your mouth with metal" = verrrry greasy!!!

"This handjob is for losers
It's just cold play in your trousers
You too must cast off wankers
And fuck the boner in your tangas

In the night we ride what you've been denied
We're metal as fuck!
Morning comes too soon and from behind
We're metal as fuck!
Cease your rapping, please shut up, my precious petal,
We're metal as fuck!
If you must sing, let's have you fill your mouth with metal
We're metal as fuck!"

2 comments:

  1. I like this - the tongue-in-cheek humor is great! Awesome guitar, too! (I don't think I'll ever get used to hearing you swear, though ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously, this rocks my face off.

    This is one of your finest 52 moments! When you release the compliation CD, there will be a sticker on the outside plastic wrap saying "Featuring 'Metal As Fuck'". It's THAT good.

    ReplyDelete