Saturday, October 17, 2009

42

52:42 by ChristianLeBlanc

I meant to start writing this week's song using the guitar, like I did for last week's song. However, I got my third keyboard stand back from some friends this week, who I wish the best of luck to in Toronto and in the future, as they're some of the most talented and creative (and plain friggin' nice!) people I've had the good fortune to play with. iSonic FTW!!!

Anyway, this all meant I could set up my Roland EG-101, which has a really fun arpeggiator on it. I think you can see where this went from there (you still don't hear the Roland this week, as I simply programmed the arpeggio pattern it helped me come up with into the QY-70, and then had that play the Moog for me).

I kept discovering fun noises on the Moog during the recording process, which is all that garble you hear at the start and end of the song.

"I lie awake at night
Remembering such good times
I'm planning more to come
Hope I don't fuck things up

The red is all I know
Once more you overflow
I like the way you fight
Teach me your moves so bright"

Final Fight

1 comment:

  1. Aw yeah! I feel like walking down the street punching things as they approach. ;)

    That "garble" effect is cool. That little recurring line (sorry, I'm not sure what it is) sounds vaguely Asian... anyway, it sounds a bit too prominent in places, but maybe that's just me or how I'm hearing it. (I know nothing about that stuff!)

    The ending is cute. Nice touch.

    ReplyDelete