Sunday, March 8, 2009

10

52:10 by ChristianLeBlanc

Stupid busy this week, so I let Vinnie take over on vocals for me. I'm rather pleased with the job he did, even if he doesn't really seem to get the point of crowd control.

I meant to fade this one out at the end, but I forgot. Maybe when things quiet down next week, I'll post this 'as it was meant to be heard.'

"Ladies and gentlemen,
Please do not panic but SCREAM! Scream for your lives! The Tingler is in this theatre! Scream! Scream! Keep screaming! Scream for your lives!

The walls.......The Walls......THE WALLS!

Ladies and gentlemen, the Tingler has been paralyzed by your screaming! There is no more danger. We will now resume the showing of the movie."

http://www.amazon.com/Tingler-Vincent-Price/dp/B00000K3U3/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1236519554&sr=8-1

2 comments:

  1. C.S.Graves

    This has a classic synthpop feel to it. With some reverb and perhaps some rhythmically tasteful delay, you can give the high-pitched chiming sound an effective otherworldly quality... and maybe have it sit a little lower in the mix, like one of those nice little touches a person might miss if they weren't paying full attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Loved the bass, and that tooty kind of flute melody. I also liked how you had lots of snare in the beat, almost giving the rhythm a kind of military-esque marching band quality.

    Also: I really liked how things changed at 1:02. That was an excellent transition from the main part to a kind of "B" part. I do agree with Corey that the chime seemed a bit too "up front" in the mix. But it does sound good!

    Also, this may sound crazy, but at one point, I thought Vincent sounded a lot like you! Maybe this is just because you can do such a good impression of him. :) Also, I was recently watching a documentary about the history of Sears department store, and they mentioned at one point in time, Sears even sold works of art, and the spokesman for this branch was none other than Vinnie himself! Weird.

    ReplyDelete