Saturday, November 28, 2009

48

52:48 by ChristianLeBlanc

Over $132,000 in 2009!!!

Two different bass lines, a few lines on the Triton (including drums), and I decided to keep my demo vocals recorded earlier in the week instead of re-recording them.

As I approach the end of this project, it strikes me just how much effort I've been putting into these songs, and how glad I'll be to have the free time back. Between work, CGA courses, and a song a week, I can tell you that I really need a break (almost any vacation I've taken in the last two years has been to ramp up my studying for CGA courses, and most of my work on this project takes place over the weekend - specifically, late Saturday night into the early hours of Sunday morning. So, weekends haven't exactly been all that relaxing for me, either).

With that in mind, I'm going to try to make the last four songs of the project as easy on myself as I can. Jill's going to help me with 49-51, and I have the general notion that I want them all to be connected somehow. Whether I pull that off or not will remain to be seen.

52 itself will be a lot of fun - to celebrate the completion of the project, I plan to drink heavily and do the song in one session, and just see what kind of mess I come up with. Since one of the goals of this project has been to experiment, I see this as valid! ;)


"There's noone around me so
It leaves me free
To build this busstop, yeah

Where I will meet you there
Travelling
To far-off places

I'm already starting to
Lose my nerve
So I'll work quickly, yeah

Lay the foundations down
Put a cover on
My three-sided structure"

3 comments:

  1. I really like this one. Melancholy, but not overly mopey. Or mabye it is just as mopey but I still like it.

    You have worked really hard. It's impressive that you've stuck with the project and I hope you'll look back upon the whole thing with pride (...but not so much that you'll want to attempt it again anytime soon!) It takes a lot of dedication to see a big project like this through to the end.

    Looking forward to the last handful of songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! The very first thing I noticed was the bass. It gives the track a good flow. And again, I notice that you have a gift for a good break (the part from :38 to :56 is brilliant). I know from my own experience that it can be challenging to move away from the main theme of the song and still keep it interesting. The ending was cool too, just a whole new piece that come out of nowhere. I like unexpected elements like this...it really gives the song character.

    I totally agree with Jill...I give you kudos for sticking with this. I know it would not be easy. I've really enjoyed following your work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Jill and Gary! It's usually not a pain to do, that's only been a recent thing. I'm thinking 51 and 52 should be much more fun to do :)

    ReplyDelete