Saturday, November 21, 2009

47

52:47 by ChristianLeBlanc

The Triton rises again!

Motives this week:
- work a little more dry
- get it done quick. Exam in 9 days (!!!)

Consciously went with one vocal pass instead of doubling, in an effort to force a better vocal performance. Great for recording 'good' versions of songs, but takes forever just for making a demo. Unless you're a good singer.

(crickets chirp) :)

Anyway: I wrote these lyrics for a reason, which you will hopefully see in a couple of weeks. It was interesting writing with a goal in mind; I really enjoy limiting myself to spark creativity. With no limits, it's easy to get lost sometimes.

EDIT: Here's the reason I wrote these lyrics the way I did: a light-painting video!



Also worth mentioning! My original vision for this week was a slow, sensitive acoustic guitar song with some glockenspiel. I enjoy letting something change direction, if it wants to.

"I had a flashlight in my room
It lent wonder and warmth and it dispelled the gloom
I fell asleep with it on all night
So in the morning it would not light

Your eyes used to shine with that very same light
They gave colour and fear and a secret delight
But the power expired through a force I can't see
Now your eyes, they still shine, but they won't glow for me"

1 comment:

  1. I really liked the break from :36 to :54. It's just put together very nicely...everything meshes well. The vocal sample is also a really nice touch. Good lyrics too!

    ReplyDelete