Saturday, November 7, 2009

45

52:45 by ChristianLeBlanc

There's a lump in your throat 'cause you're singing so foolish.

There. I said it.

This week's song: trying out new things, for me; the only other time I tried singing like this was for my metal sendup; I don't have satire to hide behind this time (although I'll understand if you disagree with that!).

I also finally found my ebow, and used it in two ways: as a pad, and as arpeggios, quickly moving vertically up and down the strings (you can particularly hear these near the end of the song).

Way too many different elements competing to be heard in this song, but I think I can at least say that I probably did a better job mixing than I would have if I tried this even 10 weeks ago. So that's something to be said, at least.

"This isn't working out like I hoped
Nobody laughed and nobody spoke
There was no fire, there was no smoke
File another night away
Quietly feeling out of place

What I fear has taken hold
Another evening wearing out the cold
If something warm would touch me
Perhaps I'd find it easier to breathe
I'll say it again

This isn't working out like I hoped
Nobody laughed and nobody spoke
There was no fire, there was no smoke
Tell me why is there a lump in my goddamned throat"

1 comment:

  1. I like the music in this. The guitar's got it goin' on. The vocal style rubs me the wrong way, though. It sounds unnatural, like you're doing an "impression" of someone. The lyrics you've got here are pretty clever but don't seem to match the singing style... maybe consider reusing them sometime in something with a bit softer edge?

    ReplyDelete