Saturday, December 5, 2009

49

52:49 by ChristianLeBlanc

As promised, Jill helped me with some of the music on this one (thank you Jill!). This is also part one of a three-part cycle.

Overall, this song sounds really far away and underwater - which wasn't intentional, and doesn't sound good to me. Methinks I had too many delay, reverb etc. effects, which makes things sound further away. I have a harder time mixing strictly guitar sounds (of which there are three on this one: ebow, chords, and plucking, not to mention a bass guitar), which is why last week's song sounds so much better (no guitar in it at all, save for the bass). I can start to understand why guitar people spend so much time on their tone, now :)

"That was a darker time
Up until I met you

Robotic response in kind
Warmer than a virtue

These simple words at night
Helping you to pull through

Artificial as a satellite
No less of a world view"

No comments:

Post a Comment