Saturday, December 26, 2009

52

52:52 by ChristianLeBlanc

I may have had better songs, but I've never had a 52nd song of the year before. So that has to count for something :)

As promised a few weeks ago, I tried getting drunk and doing this song all in one session. Didn't quite work out as planned; I did get slightly buzzed on absinthe one night, with the lights off and a full moon reflecting off the freshly-fallen snow on the trees outside. This produced the jangly guitar line and half the lyrics. I had some more absinthe and finished it off tonight, but I didn't really get drunk either night, so nothing all that weird.

Thanks, reflections, and a spotlight on other '52' artists to come, along with rumours of a cd and a show a little later! Stay tuned!

"This is my last song
So I don't want to get this wrong
You must know how I feel
By now

A fracture and a bond
I suspected all along
Nobody's wrong
But me

Can someone draw this picture
Of daylight on the trees
'cus this is what you mean to me

One last chance to say I love you
So let me get this right
You're the fire in my cold winter night

It's only my last song
This year"

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Christian! I really applaud your efforts with this project. I looked forward to hearing what you came up with every week. It's going to be missed!

    "52" is very cool. In a very small way, it reminded me of "Raspberry Beret" by Prince, which is a good thing since I always loved that song. I think it's the beat (that snare sounds very "Prince"-ish) and the jangly guitar, which sounds great.

    Anyway, this was fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Gary! It meant a lot to me to have a few tried and true 'regulars' out there to let me know I wasn't sending these out in a vacuum (although a few of them did 'suck'...get it? Hah? Haaaah?...Haaaahn.)

    ReplyDelete