Sunday, September 6, 2009

36

52:36 by ChristianLeBlanc

Just so nobody worries: as far as I can tell, my exam last Thursday went ok, so the use of the word 'suicide' in this week's tune is not a cry for help :)

As a matter of fact, I have to confess that this feels like one of the least personal songs I've ever written, lyric-wise. Which might be ironic, given the weepy-weep nature of the words. I'm not saying that to trash it, just to point out that lyrically, everything seems really 'open' and 'generic.' Which could mean that anyone listening could have it apply to them?

"This was mine: too many cold, cold nights
Over time until I thought I'd die

This alienation and resignation was not alright
Invalidation and indignation made me feel uptight

Trapped in ice, you broke me out in time
I hope you realize you really saved a life

Invalidation and alienation makes me cry
Through your invention, you showed me ways that it would be alright
Confrontation, intimidation in a hostile time
Through adaptation, you helped defuse a living suicide

Invalidation and indignation made me feel uptight
Through your invention, you showed me ways that it would be alright"

No comments:

Post a Comment