Saturday, July 25, 2009

30

52:30 by ChristianLeBlanc

Weird tack this week: very very busy at work (again), as well as really starting to get back into my CGA studying, which will get intense over August. With that in mind, I've started working ahead for the first time in this project; the bass line for "31" is already programmed (if not recorded), and "32" is just about finished - just needs some lyrics written and a guitar melody strengthened with some synth doubling the line. Somewhere in all this, I skimped on this week's song, but, it wasn't really going anywhere anyway. Think of music as drawing: as far as sketches go, this one's some doodles done while talking on the phone.

I kinda like that sometimes, though. More instinctive, more random. More earnest, because if nothing's expected of it, it doesn't have to conform to expectations. (Heh! Are you buying any of this? :)

Anyway: this one was done with the QY-70 for the bass drum line, my 6-string bass for the 3 bass lines you hear during the tune, and the Moog for the electronic noodling and final bits and pieces. A tired man tried singing the vocals.

...Here's a thought for you: some people refer to rainbows at night as "moonbows." I wouldn't, because I wouldn't call rainbows during the day "sunbows" or even "daybows."

"It's always been you."

Seriously, check how cool this looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment