Sunday, July 12, 2009

28

52:28 by ChristianLeBlanc




There's something to be said about celebrity personas that are just entertaining for being themselves. Years ago, I caught an Orange Glo commercial on dvd+r as I was recording a Cure performance on tv, and I'm glad I did. Here, check out these outtakes to see what I mean:

Wow, click here!

Anyway: my intent this week was to experiment more with drums. I did, you can't tell. But, at least this is one of the first times I came up with the drums first for a song, and then the music.

Also of note: had several instruments going into the same amp, so I could actually come up with lines on the Moog while playing along to the QY-70, which made the songwriting process a little more 'natural.'

"There's a smile just like a gun
It's gonna shatter Crystal

If you want the rain to come
You gotta shoot your pistol

Everybody run and hide,
'cus this ain't lookin' nice
The showdown starts tonight
It's lookin' like they just might

Make out in the dark
No wait - that's a different tale
It's cloudy, it's a start
Oh wow! "Wow, a yard sale!"

The forecast for today
calls for intermittent drizzle

So hide your bullets all away
All up in this hizzle"

No comments:

Post a Comment