Saturday, July 18, 2009

29

52:29 by ChristianLeBlanc

Had a leisurely time writing this one. Used the Triton, controlled by the QY-70, and wrote this over one evening and several mornings. The first line of the song came to me with the initial push of music, and I finally wrote the rest of it after watching "The Towering Inferno" with Jill.

I should point out that line 2 was inspired by some graffiti I saw 9 years ago on the C-Train in Calgary: "Your only crime is the one against us." Here's hoping I'm not accidentally making some kind of racist reference!
Waaauugghh!
Also of note: I threw some gain in around 5000 khz on the vocals, for presence (to unmuddle them a bit). You see, in my new studio, I actually have access to my music books, including the highly-recommended-by-me "Mixing Engineer's Handbook" by Bobby Owsinski.

"Yes this is time, come get some time of your life
Your only crime is the one made against us in life
Don't fear the grime, cleanliness sharpens the knife
Yes this is time, come get some time of your life"

(note: it's supposed to sound like a record scratching, but now all I can hear is a really cool duck)

No comments:

Post a Comment