Saturday, August 8, 2009

32

52:32 by ChristianLeBlanc

I kind of see this song taking place from a girl's point of view for some reason, even though the notions of regret and the delusional idea that the grass is always greener on the other side are not gender specific. Nevertheless, I almost see a Veruca Salt style of singing (particularly their cover of Depeche Mode's "Somebody").

I also originally thought a piano line would be the main part of the music, but once I had the chords, I stumbled onto this voice on the Triton, and liked it this way a whole lot better. Reminds me of the music for an old background site from The Birthday Massacre for some reason: http://www.nothingandnowhere.com


"That smile could have been mine
That fire should have been mine
These pictures could have been mine
What was someone else's should have been mine

We don't foresee these regrets at the time
There's plenty standing in line
There's problems more serious than mine
Yeah, I'll keep that notion in mind"

No comments:

Post a Comment