Sunday, April 26, 2009

17

52:17 by ChristianLeBlanc

I've been putting in lots of overtime this week (tax season), which left me very little time to work on this week's song, or more importantly, spend any time with my wife. So, Saturday night, I asked Jill to help write a song with me.

She wrote the main guitar line on Jam Sessions, a song-writing tool on the Nintendo DS. (It's primary purpose is a guitar chord emulator, but I think it's just genius for being able to experiment with chord progressions - especially if the guitar and all it's chords don't come that easy to you!).

Then she wrote the piano line. All I did was come up with the drums and that crappy violin line :)

She can't take credit for writing the lyrics, though. She ripped them off of Pat Mills' and Olivier Ledroit's "Requiem" part 7, from the latest issue of Heavy Metal magazine o_O

She says she was going for something of a Smiths rockabilly vibe, somewhat. So that was informing the genesis of the tune.

Thanks Jill! <3 "You can kiss a nun once You can kiss a nun twice But you cannot get into the habit"

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this one is very quirky! That's not a bad thing. This reminds me of something I would hear on Clip Trip. It also reminded me of something Sparks would have done around the late 80s. This is neat...I like to see people doing things that are left of centre. I kind of had a hard time hearing your vocals, but overall I really appreciate the "off the wall" nature of this one.

    ReplyDelete