Saturday, January 17, 2009

03

52:03 by ChristianLeBlanc

Not much to say lyrically in this song, so I put more work into layering the vocals this time. Sang the main line twice to 'thicken' it, put my standard eq on it, and tried harmonizing the first bit of each line a little. Also tried mixing the vocals in louder. Tried an effect at the end.

Musically: tried panning and spacing out the drums more than before.

What I wish I'd tried: recording the sequencer into the computer track by track instead of all at once, just so I could add some bouncing delay to certain tracks. BUT, I felt that being lazy was more important :)

"Why am I hating
I am still waiting
to let go"

4 comments:

  1. My impression is that I like it... but much like the song on Sesame Street goes, "one of these ___ is doing it's own thing" and I'm not sure I can tell which one! I think it's the vocals. The "affirmative" lyrics suit the synth line but maybe the way they're layered is a little too heavy? Overall, I like everything at play here but someone is running with scissors...

    Strangely, I thought you were saying "let IT go!"... like some kind of order to drop your baggage, so I thought it was perkier than you had intended.

    Anyway, you know my opinion counts for very little on these kind of things! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one really grabbed my attention. All the little synthy bits and melodies lock together very nicely. I also really liked the sound of your voice. Are you using some kind of harmony processor, or is it just you harmonizing with yourself without any processing? Either way, it sounds very good.

    I also love how the song starts and stops. Everything drops out and then it gets energetic again. I have discovered that this approach can really make a song interesting.

    I wish I could be more constructive, but honestly, I find that I can't really be nitpicky with this one. I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this one! I'd like to hear a full song made out of it :)

    Josh/theVoid/INItial.ize

    ReplyDelete
  4. C.S. Graves

    I've got very little to pick at with this one. Loved it. I know I'm not being very helpful. All I could say would be an effect to either soften or complexify the square wave (filter sweep, fast delay, phaser/flanger, chorus, you name it).

    ReplyDelete