Saturday, December 27, 2008

-1

Click here for "-1"

This is the other song I created before the project technically starts, just to guage how feasible the project is. It's quite feasible.

Vocals are clearer in this track, and I'm happier with how this one sounds compare to -2.

In terms of structure: all I did was start with a chorus, and then build it back up piece by piece. I like how adding drums to it a bit later in the song sounded.

I'd like to experiment more with having different structures in the same song (ie, instead of the same chorus for the entire song, slip in a bridge or something that sounds different, then return to the main tune; I don't know how much room I'll have to play with that in a minute-long format, but I will try).

"I'm going overboard
I'm going underground
I feel like swimming where
I will never be found

I'm going overboard
I'm going underground
I feel like swimming where
I cannot be found"

1 comment:

  1. Wow, nice! That intro is sweet. I was instantly attracted to the nice, simple, catchy melodies. The only thing I would suggest is adjusting that fast bass sequence you have in the background. I would entirely remove it from the intro. I think the two melodies alone in the intro are enough. Maybe in order to give the song a sense of progression, you could start this bass sequence during the first verse, but perhaps it could start as just a four note sequence, rather than 16 notes. Then, you could gradually build it up to 8 notes and then maybe 16 towards the end of the song. I also loved the vocal melody. Nice!

    -Gary

    ReplyDelete